Spinach Gratin with Mashed Parsnips
- Chunk parsnip and steam 10 min, until mashable. Add a little cream while mashing.
someone from the allium family—leek, shallot, garlic, onion in butter,
adding flour after a bit to make a roux.
- After cooking the roux a few
minutes add a cup or so of milk to make a thick sauce.
- Steam spinach.
- Mix steamed spinach with the roux mixture and some grated cheese..
- Arrange spinach cheese mix around a buttered baking dish and place a mound of mashed parsnips in the middle.
- Bake 30min. Garnish with: cayenne, dill, black pepper, parsley—you get the idea.